Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.7% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Florence-Muscle Shoals, AL market declined by 82 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 2.7%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Florence-Muscle Shoals, AL unemployment rate is 62 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 30 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 0.6% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.4% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 11,300; +300
- Government: 10,600; +400
- Manufacturing: 8,400; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 7,600; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,900; -100
- Construction, Mining: 4,100; no change
- Business Services: 4,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.