Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 2.5% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 3,800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, AR-MO market rose by 144 jobs in September and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, AR-MO unemployment rate is 82 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 20 bps above the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a negative.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 6.2% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.8% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 61,400; -400
- Business Services: 58,700; -1,400
- Government: 41,400; +3,800
- Manufacturing: 32,500; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 31,600; +800
- Restaurants & Hotels: 27,400; -900
- Construction, Mining: 14,500; +200
- Other Jobs: 10,100; no change
- Financial Services: 9,300; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.