Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.3% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Evansville, IN-KY market declined by 1,271 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 2.3%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Evansville, IN-KY unemployment rate is 102 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 70 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 5.4% and are equal compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.3% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 30,800; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 28,900; +100
- Manufacturing: 22,500; no change
- Business Services: 20,500; -600
- Government: 16,200; +800
- Restaurants & Hotels: 16,000; no change
- Construction, Mining: 9,300; no change
- Other Jobs: 7,000; +100
- Financial Services: 6,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.