Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.8% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which gained 400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Evansville, IN-KY market declined by 333 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 50 bps to 2.8%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Evansville, IN-KY unemployment rate is 60 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 20 bps above the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a negative.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 8.1% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.3% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 31,200; +400
- Education & Healthcare: 29,200; +200
- Manufacturing: 22,400; -100
- Business Services: 20,200; -300
- Government: 16,300; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 16,100; +100
- Construction, Mining: 9,400; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.