Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 4.5% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 1,600 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Eugene, OR market rose by 1,600 jobs in October and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Eugene, OR unemployment rate is 110 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 40 bps above the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a negative.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 4.4% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.6% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 30,000; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 28,900; +100
- Government: 27,900; +1,600
- Business Services: 18,700; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 18,200; +600
- Manufacturing: 15,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.