Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.6% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Elkhart-Goshen, IN market declined by 272 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 60 bps to 2.6%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Elkhart-Goshen, IN unemployment rate is 80 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 80 bps above the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a negative.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 12.2% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.3% . Key sectors include:
- Manufacturing: 76,400; +100
- Transportation & Utilities: 20,800; +200
- Education & Healthcare: 11,900; no change
- Business Services: 10,700; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.