Overall unemployment rate moved up to 1.7% with the biggest shift in Manufacturing, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Elkhart-Goshen, IN market rose by 711 jobs in February and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 1.7%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 28 bps over the same time to 4.1%.
- Elkhart-Goshen, IN unemployment rate is 244 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 180 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in February versus prior month by 11% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Manufacturing: 76,500; +200
- Transportation & Utilities: 20,700; +200
- Education & Healthcare: 11,400; -100
- Business Services: 10,900; +100
- Government: 8,500; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 6,600; no change
- Other Jobs: 4,300; no change
- Construction, Mining: 3,900; +100
- Financial Services: 2,800; no change
- IT & Development: 400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through February 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 6, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.