Overall unemployment rate moved down to 1.9% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which lost 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Dover-Durham, NH-ME market rose by 570 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 1.9%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Dover-Durham, NH-ME unemployment rate is 188 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 150 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in July versus prior month by -8.5% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Government: 10,800; -100
- Transportation & Utilities: 9,500; -200
- Education & Healthcare: 8,200; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,800; +100
- Business Services: 5,200; no change
- Manufacturing: 5,100; no change
- Financial Services: 2,900; no change
- Construction, Mining: 2,100; +100
- Other Jobs: 2,000; +100
- IT & Development: 600; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.