Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.0% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 1,200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Deltona-Daytona Beach-Ormond Beach, FL market declined by 1,289 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 3.0%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Deltona-Daytona Beach-Ormond Beach, FL unemployment rate is 40 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 80 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in October versus prior month by -1.6% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.8% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 44,300; +400
- Education & Healthcare: 42,100; +1,200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 33,300; -100
- Government: 27,600; no change
- Business Services: 24,700; +200
- Construction, Mining: 14,600; -100
- Manufacturing: 12,300; no change
- Financial Services: 9,900; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.