Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.3% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 1,700 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Deltona-Daytona Beach-Ormond Beach, FL market rose by 499 jobs in June and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 3.3%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Deltona-Daytona Beach-Ormond Beach, FL unemployment rate is 54 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 200 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 0.6% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.7%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 43,900; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 39,300; -300
- Restaurants & Hotels: 33,400; -200
- Business Services: 25,100; +500
- Government: 24,700; -1,700
- Construction, Mining: 14,600; no change
- Manufacturing: 12,000; no change
- Financial Services: 9,800; +100
- Other Jobs: 8,700; +100
- IT & Development: 1,800; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.