Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.2% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which gained 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Decatur, AL market rose by 8 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 2.2%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Decatur, AL unemployment rate is 120 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 10 bps above the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a negative.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in October versus prior month by -2.6% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Manufacturing: 13,300; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 10,800; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.