Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.4% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 1,900 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Davenport-Moline-Rock Island, IA-IL market declined by 1,677 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 3.4%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Davenport-Moline-Rock Island, IA-IL unemployment rate is 8 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 100 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 6.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.3%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 37,700; -400
- Government: 26,100; +1,900
- Business Services: 25,600; -400
- Education & Healthcare: 24,800; -400
- Manufacturing: 24,500; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 20,900; -1,100
- Construction, Mining: 10,600; no change
- Other Jobs: 7,600; -100
- Financial Services: 7,200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.