Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.3% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 600 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Davenport-Moline-Rock Island, IA-IL market rose by 345 jobs in March and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 4.3%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Davenport-Moline-Rock Island, IA-IL unemployment rate is 55 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 200 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 2.1% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 37,500; -400
- Education & Healthcare: 25,800; no change
- Government: 24,700; +300
- Business Services: 24,400; no change
- Manufacturing: 23,700; -300
- Restaurants & Hotels: 17,800; +600
- Construction, Mining: 9,400; +100
- Other Jobs: 7,500; no change
- Financial Services: 7,200; no change
- IT & Development: 1,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.