Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.7% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which lost 800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Davenport-Moline-Rock Island, IA-IL market rose by 3,549 jobs in June and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.7%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Davenport-Moline-Rock Island, IA-IL unemployment rate is 14 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 220 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 10% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.6% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 37,500; -100
- Business Services: 25,900; +600
- Government: 25,700; +400
- Education & Healthcare: 25,400; -800
- Manufacturing: 24,700; +200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 21,100; +300
- Construction, Mining: 10,400; +400
- Other Jobs: 7,800; +100
- Financial Services: 7,300; no change
- IT & Development: 1,500; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.