Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.8% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 1,000 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Davenport-Moline-Rock Island, IA-IL market rose by 2,690 jobs in July and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.8%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Davenport-Moline-Rock Island, IA-IL unemployment rate is 2 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 150 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 10.4% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.2%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 38,200; +600
- Business Services: 26,400; +500
- Education & Healthcare: 25,000; -400
- Manufacturing: 24,800; +100
- Government: 24,700; -1,000
- Restaurants & Hotels: 21,500; no change
- Construction, Mining: 10,500; +100
- Other Jobs: 7,800; no change
- Financial Services: 7,100; -200
- IT & Development: 1,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.