Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.7% with the biggest shift in Business Services, which gained 1,200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Davenport-Moline-Rock Island, IA-IL market rose by 2,173 jobs in April and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 3.7%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 42 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Davenport-Moline-Rock Island, IA-IL unemployment rate is 36 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 210 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in April versus prior month by 5.9% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 2.3% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 37,600; +200
- Education & Healthcare: 26,000; +200
- Business Services: 25,600; +1,200
- Government: 25,100; +400
- Manufacturing: 24,300; +600
- Restaurants & Hotels: 18,800; +1,000
- Construction, Mining: 9,900; +500
- Other Jobs: 7,600; +100
- Financial Services: 7,300; +100
- IT & Development: 1,400; -100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through April 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 1, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.