Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.1% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 1,100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Crestview-Fort Walton Beach-Destin, FL market rose by 2,536 jobs in March and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 2.1%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Crestview-Fort Walton Beach-Destin, FL unemployment rate is 165 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 180 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 9.3% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.6% . Key sectors include:
- Restaurants & Hotels: 22,700; +1,100
- Transportation & Utilities: 22,600; +100
- Government: 21,500; +200
- Business Services: 20,400; +300
- Education & Healthcare: 12,500; +100
- Financial Services: 7,800; +100
- Construction, Mining: 7,300; +100
- Other Jobs: 5,100; no change
- Manufacturing: 3,500; no change
- IT & Development: 1,300; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.