Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.1% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 4,000 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the College Station-Bryan, TX market rose by 4,792 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 3.1%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- College Station-Bryan, TX unemployment rate is 22 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 70 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in September versus prior month by -0.9% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 4.3% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 43,600; +4,000
- Transportation & Utilities: 19,100; +200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 18,400; +1,000
- Education & Healthcare: 12,800; -100
- Business Services: 12,100; +100
- Construction, Mining: 7,500; no change
- Manufacturing: 5,700; -100
- Financial Services: 4,200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.