Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.5% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 1,100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the College Station-Bryan, TX market declined by 266 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.5%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- College Station-Bryan, TX unemployment rate is 28 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 100 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 0.6% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.3%. Key sectors include:
- Government: 41,000; -1,100
- Transportation & Utilities: 18,900; +200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 17,500; +300
- Education & Healthcare: 12,700; no change
- Business Services: 12,000; +100
- Construction, Mining: 7,600; no change
- Manufacturing: 5,800; +100
- Financial Services: 4,200; no change
- Other Jobs: 3,400; -100
- IT & Development: 1,500; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.