Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.6% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 1,300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Clarksville, TN-KY market rose by 1,254 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 50 bps to 3.6%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Clarksville, TN-KY unemployment rate is 28 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 70 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 4% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 2.4% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 19,500; +1,300
- Transportation & Utilities: 19,300; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 13,200; +300
- Education & Healthcare: 12,600; no change
- Manufacturing: 12,100; +100
- Business Services: 9,800; +200
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.