Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.0% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Clarksville, TN-KY market declined by 1,000 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 4.0%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Clarksville, TN-KY unemployment rate is 60 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is equal to the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 7.4% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Government: 19,600; +100
- Transportation & Utilities: 19,200; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 13,000; -100
- Education & Healthcare: 12,500; -100
- Manufacturing: 12,100; no change
- Business Services: 9,800; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.