Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.7% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Clarksville, TN-KY market declined by 9 jobs in June and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 4.7%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Clarksville, TN-KY unemployment rate is 86 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 130 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 10.3% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 19,200; +100
- Government: 19,100; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 13,300; +200
- Education & Healthcare: 12,400; no change
- Manufacturing: 11,900; no change
- Business Services: 9,600; no change
- Construction, Mining: 3,900; no change
- Financial Services: 3,300; +100
- Other Jobs: 3,300; no change
- IT & Development: 1,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.