Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.5% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 1,900 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Clarksville, TN-KY market declined by 1,751 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 4.5%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Clarksville, TN-KY unemployment rate is 72 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 70 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -2.0%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 19,200; no change
- Government: 17,200; -1,900
- Restaurants & Hotels: 13,200; -100
- Education & Healthcare: 12,400; no change
- Manufacturing: 11,900; no change
- Business Services: 9,700; +100
- Construction, Mining: 3,900; no change
- Financial Services: 3,300; no change
- Other Jobs: 3,300; no change
- IT & Development: 1,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.