Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.9% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Cheyenne, WY market declined by 642 jobs in May and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 2.9%. The national unemployment rate increased by 4 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Cheyenne, WY unemployment rate is 48 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 140 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in May versus prior month by 5.2% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 13,400; -100
- Transportation & Utilities: 9,900; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,000; +200
- Construction, Mining: 4,600; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 4,600; no change
- Business Services: 4,100; no change
- Financial Services: 2,300; no change
- Other Jobs: 1,600; no change
- Manufacturing: 1,200; no change
- IT & Development: 800; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through May 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 29, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.