Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 3.2% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Chambersburg-Waynesboro, PA market rose by 1,796 jobs in May and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate increased by 4 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Chambersburg-Waynesboro, PA unemployment rate is 18 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 220 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in May versus prior month by 0.3% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.9% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 16,400; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 9,600; no change
- Manufacturing: 8,700; no change
- Government: 7,500; +100
- Business Services: 6,000; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,200; +200
- Construction, Mining: 2,600; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through May 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 29, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.