Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.9% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Chambersburg-Waynesboro, PA market declined by 49 jobs in July and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.9%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Chambersburg-Waynesboro, PA unemployment rate is 12 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 190 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in July versus prior month by -0.9% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 16,600; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 9,700; +100
- Manufacturing: 8,700; no change
- Government: 7,200; -100
- Business Services: 6,100; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,400; no change
- Construction, Mining: 2,700; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.