Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.7% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 1,400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Bremerton-Silverdale, WA market rose by 2,705 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.7%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Bremerton-Silverdale, WA unemployment rate is 30 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 40 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 3.4% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 33,700; +1,400
- Transportation & Utilities: 12,400; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.