Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.2% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 700 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Bloomsburg-Berwick, PA market rose by 766 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 130 bps to 3.2%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Bloomsburg-Berwick, PA unemployment rate is 12 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 140 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 19% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 2.8% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 11,700; +100
- Transportation & Utilities: 6,800; no change
- Government: 5,500; +700
- Manufacturing: 4,900; +100
- Business Services: 4,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.