Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.6% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Bloomsburg-Berwick, PA market declined by 57 jobs in July and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 4.6%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Bloomsburg-Berwick, PA unemployment rate is 82 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 170 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 18.4% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.3%. Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 11,600; +100
- Transportation & Utilities: 6,800; -100
- Manufacturing: 4,800; no change
- Business Services: 4,500; no change
- Government: 4,500; -200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 3,400; +100
- Construction, Mining: 1,300; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.