Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.3% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Bangor, ME market rose by 524 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 3.3%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Bangor, ME unemployment rate is 10 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 30 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 9.1% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.2% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 16,200; +100
- Transportation & Utilities: 14,400; +200
- Government: 13,000; +200
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.