Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.6% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 900 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Augusta-Richmond County, GA-SC market declined by 963 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 3.6%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Augusta-Richmond County, GA-SC unemployment rate is 20 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 20 bps above the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a negative.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 1% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 44,700; +100
- Government: 44,200; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 35,600; +900
- Business Services: 34,200; +700
- Restaurants & Hotels: 25,200; -700
- Manufacturing: 23,600; -200
- Construction, Mining: 19,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.