Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.7% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 2,800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Atlantic City-Hammonton, NJ market rose by 326 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 120 bps to 3.7%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Atlantic City-Hammonton, NJ unemployment rate is 38 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 450 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 2.7% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.4%. Key sectors include:
- Restaurants & Hotels: 44,500; -2,600
- Transportation & Utilities: 21,400; -400
- Government: 21,300; +2,800
- Education & Healthcare: 21,100; -200
- Business Services: 11,900; no change
- Construction, Mining: 5,700; no change
- Other Jobs: 4,700; -100
- Financial Services: 4,000; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.