Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.8% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 3,800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Atlantic City-Hammonton, NJ market rose by 1,839 jobs in May and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 4.8%. The national unemployment rate increased by 4 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Atlantic City-Hammonton, NJ unemployment rate is 142 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 500 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in May versus prior month by 6.5% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 2.3% . Key sectors include:
- Restaurants & Hotels: 44,300; +3,800
- Transportation & Utilities: 21,300; -100
- Education & Healthcare: 21,100; +100
- Government: 20,600; -800
- Business Services: 11,500; no change
- Construction, Mining: 5,800; +100
- Other Jobs: 4,500; no change
- Financial Services: 4,000; no change
- Manufacturing: 3,000; no change
- IT & Development: 500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through May 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 29, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.