Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.7% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 3,900 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Atlantic City-Hammonton, NJ market rose by 2,221 jobs in June and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 4.7%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Atlantic City-Hammonton, NJ unemployment rate is 86 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 560 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 2.9% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 3.7% . Key sectors include:
- Restaurants & Hotels: 47,600; +3,900
- Transportation & Utilities: 21,800; +600
- Education & Healthcare: 21,200; no change
- Government: 20,800; +200
- Business Services: 11,700; +100
- Construction, Mining: 5,800; no change
- Other Jobs: 4,700; +200
- Financial Services: 4,000; no change
- Manufacturing: 3,100; +100
- IT & Development: 500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.