Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 4.9% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 2,600 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Atlantic City-Hammonton, NJ market rose by 569 jobs in July and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Atlantic City-Hammonton, NJ unemployment rate is 112 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 510 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 6.1% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.8%. Key sectors include:
- Restaurants & Hotels: 48,500; +800
- Transportation & Utilities: 21,600; -100
- Education & Healthcare: 21,300; +100
- Government: 18,200; -2,600
- Business Services: 12,100; +500
- Construction, Mining: 5,900; +100
- Other Jobs: 4,700; no change
- Financial Services: 4,000; no change
- Manufacturing: 3,200; +100
- IT & Development: 500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.