Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 4.9% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which lost 2,100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Atlantic City-Hammonton, NJ market declined by 511 jobs in August and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Atlantic City-Hammonton, NJ unemployment rate is 111 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 420 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in August versus prior month by 5.4% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -1.2%. Key sectors include:
- Restaurants & Hotels: 46,200; -2,100
- Transportation & Utilities: 21,800; +200
- Education & Healthcare: 21,300; +200
- Government: 18,500; +100
- Business Services: 11,900; no change
- Construction, Mining: 5,800; no change
- Other Jobs: 4,700; -100
- Financial Services: 4,000; no change
- Manufacturing: 3,200; no change
- IT & Development: 500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.