Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.9% with the biggest shift in Construction, Mining, which gained 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Anniston-Oxford-Jacksonville, AL market declined by 271 jobs in June and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 100 bps to 3.9%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Anniston-Oxford-Jacksonville, AL unemployment rate is 6 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 130 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 17.4% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Government: 12,800; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 9,100; -100
- Manufacturing: 6,600; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,000; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 4,500; no change
- Business Services: 4,200; no change
- Other Jobs: 1,900; no change
- Financial Services: 1,300; no change
- Construction, Mining: 1,200; +100
- IT & Development: 300; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.