Overall unemployment rate moved down to 0.0% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which lost 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Aguadilla-Isabela, PR market declined by 85,142 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 800 bps to 0.0%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Aguadilla-Isabela, PR unemployment rate is 332 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 960 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 1.9% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.3% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 14,100; +100
- Transportation & Utilities: 11,200; -100
- Manufacturing: 6,700; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 6,100; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.