Overall unemployment rate moved up to 8.8% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which gained 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Aguadilla-Isabela, PR market rose by 86,111 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 880 bps to 8.8%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Aguadilla-Isabela, PR unemployment rate is 540 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 20 bps above the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a negative.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 2.8% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.4% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 14,100; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 11,300; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.