Overall unemployment rate moved up to 7.9% with the biggest shift in Manufacturing, which lost 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Aguadilla-Isabela, PR market declined by 1,301 jobs in July and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 7.9%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Aguadilla-Isabela, PR unemployment rate is 412 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 350 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 3.5% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Government: 13,500; +100
- Transportation & Utilities: 11,100; -100
- Manufacturing: 6,800; -200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,800; +100
- Financial Services: 1,700; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.