Overall unemployment rate moved down to 8.0% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Aguadilla-Isabela, PR market rose by 726 jobs in February and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 8.0%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 28 bps over the same time to 4.1%.
- Aguadilla-Isabela, PR unemployment rate is 386 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 80 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in February versus prior month by 4% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.8% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 13,700; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 11,300; no change
- Manufacturing: 6,800; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,500; +200
- Financial Services: 1,600; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through February 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 6, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.