Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.7% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 1,300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Vineland-Bridgeton, NJ market rose by 1,223 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 160 bps to 3.7%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Vineland-Bridgeton, NJ unemployment rate is 38 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 320 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 3.1% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 3.3% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 14,800; +400
- Education & Healthcare: 11,100; -100
- Government: 10,300; +1,300
- Manufacturing: 8,500; -100
- Business Services: 4,800; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.