Overall unemployment rate moved up to 5.2% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 1,500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Vineland-Bridgeton, NJ market declined by 683 jobs in July and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 5.2%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Vineland-Bridgeton, NJ unemployment rate is 142 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 340 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in July versus prior month by -3.5% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -2.7%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 14,500; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 11,100; no change
- Government: 8,800; -1,500
- Manufacturing: 8,500; no change
- Business Services: 4,700; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 4,100; -100
- Construction, Mining: 3,000; no change
- Other Jobs: 1,900; no change
- Financial Services: 1,100; no change
- IT & Development: 600; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.