Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.1% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 1,300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Sioux City, IA-NE-SD market rose by 993 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 60 bps to 2.1%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Sioux City, IA-NE-SD unemployment rate is 122 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 90 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 8.1% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.0% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 18,200; -200
- Manufacturing: 17,400; no change
- Government: 10,800; +1,300
- Business Services: 8,500; -200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 8,100; -300
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.