Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.4% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which gained 400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Sioux City, IA-NE-SD market rose by 660 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 2.4%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Sioux City, IA-NE-SD unemployment rate is 100 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 60 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 8% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.5% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 18,600; +400
- Manufacturing: 17,500; +100
- Government: 11,000; +200
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.