Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.1% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Sioux City, IA-NE-SD market rose by 1,065 jobs in February and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 3.1%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 28 bps over the same time to 4.1%.
- Sioux City, IA-NE-SD unemployment rate is 104 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 130 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in February versus prior month by 11.3% and are equal compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.0% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 18,400; -100
- Manufacturing: 17,200; +200
- Government: 10,500; +300
- Business Services: 8,300; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 8,000; +200
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through February 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 6, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.