Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.7% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Sioux City, IA-NE-SD market declined by 755 jobs in August and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 2.7%. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Sioux City, IA-NE-SD unemployment rate is 109 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 110 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in August versus prior month by 8.6% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 18,400; no change
- Manufacturing: 17,400; no change
- Government: 9,400; -100
- Business Services: 8,600; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 8,400; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.