Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.5% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 2,000 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles-Arroyo Grande, CA market declined by 166 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 2.5%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles-Arroyo Grande, CA unemployment rate is 128 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 300 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 15.4% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -1.4%. Key sectors include:
- Government: 22,000; -2,000
- Transportation & Utilities: 20,200; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 19,500; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 18,200; +100
- Business Services: 11,700; no change
- Construction, Mining: 9,500; no change
- Manufacturing: 8,200; no change
- Other Jobs: 4,100; no change
- Financial Services: 4,000; no change
- IT & Development: 1,200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.