Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.7% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 2,300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Sacramento--Roseville--Arden-Arcade, CA market rose by 14,728 jobs in March and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 3.7%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Sacramento--Roseville--Arden-Arcade, CA unemployment rate is 5 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 390 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.9% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 244,700; +1,900
- Education & Healthcare: 173,900; +700
- Transportation & Utilities: 169,100; +1,200
- Business Services: 140,600; +1,000
- Restaurants & Hotels: 102,200; +2,300
- Construction, Mining: 76,700; +1,000
- Financial Services: 52,100; +200
- Manufacturing: 37,900; +200
- Other Jobs: 35,000; +600
- IT & Development: 10,200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.