Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.6% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which gained 700 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Pensacola-Ferry Pass-Brent, FL market rose by 3,600 jobs in March and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 2.6%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Pensacola-Ferry Pass-Brent, FL unemployment rate is 115 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 200 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 16.2% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 37,100; +700
- Education & Healthcare: 30,800; -100
- Government: 27,900; no change
- Business Services: 26,400; +700
- Restaurants & Hotels: 25,400; +500
- Financial Services: 16,100; +200
- Construction, Mining: 13,000; +100
- Manufacturing: 7,200; +100
- Other Jobs: 6,900; no change
- IT & Development: 1,600; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.